BeSure Training Learner Privacy Notice
BeSure Training will process your personal data, and special category data (for the purpose of reasonable adjustments), in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any regulatory requirements as specified by BeSure Regulatory Bodies.
BeSure will only process and store your data for the purposes of the delivery, assessment and award of the qualification/course you have chosen to undertake and for no other purpose.
BeSure will not sell, pass on or make available your personal, or special category data, to any other person or body outside of the administration and award of the qualification/course you have chosen to undertake.
BeSure will undertake the following administrative activities in relation to the processing and transfer of your personal and special category data:
1. BeSure collect your name, date of birth and email address for the purposes of administrating and awarding/certificating the qualification/course you have chosen to undertake. Your gender and postcode will also be collected and processed if you request that your achievement is uploaded to your Personal Learning Record.
2. BeSure offers you the ability to apply for a reasonable adjustment should you have a disability, learning need or medical condition that may affect your ability to undertake the qualification’s assessment. The data collected for this purpose is called special category data. BeSure will only collect and process this special category data when it is provided by you and for the purposes of recording and awarding reasonable adjustments for the qualification/course you are undertaking at the time of providing the data.
3. Such personal data and special category data will not be used by BeSure for any purpose other than the delivery, assessment, administration and quality assurance of the qualification/course undertaken and for maintaining appropriate records in line with Regulatory Body requirements.
4. Personal data and special category data is collected within course paperwork/documentation during course delivery. The data will be transferred to BeSure online administration system, and all records will be maintained/disposed of in line with the BeSure Training Data Protection Policy. The transfer of learner data to NucoPlus is required as part of the process of administrating and awarding qualifications.
5. Where a certificate is issued by an awarding body, normally in the case of a regulated qualification, we will be required to securely transfer your personal data to the awarding body for them to issue your certificate. The data will only be used for this purpose and for anonymised statistics requested by the Regulatory Bodies.
6. BeSure is required to respond to information requests from Regulatory Bodies. Should your data be required to be transferred to the Regulatory Body, BeSure will do so in line with its Data Protection Policy. The same process will be used if BeSure is legally required to transfer data as part of a legal investigation to a legal authority.
7. If you have not reached the age of 16, you may first wish to discuss this Privacy Notice with your parent, guardian or carer.
8. BeSure will retain your personal and special category data indefinitely to provide confirmation of your achievement at any point in the future, should it be required. An individual can request that their data is deleted at any stage.
9. Under the GDPR you have certain rights in respect of your personal and special category data. Not all GDPR rights are applicable due to the limited way in which BeSure holds and processes your data, but the following rights are appropriate:
• Right to access to the information we hold on you. This will be provided to you free of charge within one calendar month of your request.
• Right to rectification. Should any of the data BeSure hold on you be incorrect you have the right for this to be rectified. BeSure will always strive to enter data accurately, but should you notice an error please contact BeSure and we will rectify any inaccuracies.
• Right to erasure. BeSure are required to process your personal data (name, email address and date of birth and gender and postcode if given), and special category data (in the case of a reasonable adjustment being awarded due to a medical condition, disability or learning need), to administrate the award of your qualification/training. BeSure are also required to maintain the records of your training. Should you wish for your data to be deleted BeSure will do so upon reasonable request providing it is no longer required to maintain a record of your training.